My Eclectic Jewelry Artisian team is having a jewelry sale this week, please see individual stores for their promotional offerings.
Main Gallery: http://EEJA.org
Friday, January 19, 2007
Crystal Energy by Ahna White
It is believed that crystals and stones possess powerful healing energy. This belief is called metaphysics; a philosophy that deals with the first principle of things, including abstract concepts such as being, knowing, substance, cause, identity, time and space (abstract theory or talk with no basis in reality). Yet crystals have been used since the beginning of civilization, even being referred to in the Bible.
We are drawn to crystals and stones not only for their energy but for their magnificent beauty. Several books have been written on the subject so I won't attempt to list them all but rather list some of my favorite and most popular, along with their uses.
- Feng Shui is a Chinese healing art form that uses crystals to direct the flow of energy (or chi) within your home. By hanging crystal spheres in certain areas, you can slow or scatter the energy flow.
- Different crystals and stones are also used to heal the body by placing them on chakras. Each chakra has a corresponding color and therefore the color of the stone should coincide with the chakra color. Stress can clog your chakras, slow or stall energy flow, which in turn causes disease in the body.
- Tonics or elixirs are also made using specific crystals and stones to heal the body. These "mineral waters" contain the essence of the energy of the crystalline form from which the water is then fortified.
- For centuries people have adorned themselves by wearing crystals and stones. By wearing or keeping crystals in your environment, you can charge your aura (the energy field that surrounds you). Crystals are
Specific Stones and Their Meaning
As I looked up my favorite stones, I noticed a pattern, many dealing with either the crown, heart or root chakra, (maybe I need to pay some attention). I'll randomly pick some other well known stones.
Grounds emotions, intellect and physical being. Place over the heart to heal emotional disease that prevents acceptance of love. Place over abdomen to stimulate digestion.
- confident and strong
- stabilizes aura
- class of chalcedony
- clears and stabilizes the aura
- activates crown chakra for connection to higher power
- brings about spiritual contentment and a feeling of calm
- protects against psychic attacks
- variety of quartz
Stone of transformation. The soul stone that overcomes fear, stimulates inner vision and spiritual insight, aids in coping with enormous change at a spiritual level.
- synthesizes the heart and crown chakra's
- cleanses the aura
- stimulates unconditional love
- provides deep physical and emotional healing
- helps you accept the present moment as being perfect
Symbol of purity, bonds relationships, amplifier of energy (never needs recharging), abundance of white light, brings clarity to the mind.
- cleanses aura
- activates crown chakra for connection to the higher power
A stone of inspiration and infinite patience. It is a life affirming stone with great integrity. Known as the “stone of successful love”, it brings domestic bliss and loyalty.
- ensures physical, emotional and mental equilibrium
- gives the wearer strength of character to overcome misfortunes in life
- stimulates the third eye; psychic communication
- excellent for meditation
- treatment of bones and bone marrow disorders
- highly protective
- cleanses and stabilizes the aura
- protects against computer and electromagnetic stress
- gently opens the door to the subconscious
- improves physical and mental coordination and counteracts mental disorders
- overcomes chaos in all aspects
- organizes and processes information; quick thinking
- emotionally stabilizing (no wonder I love this stone)
This stone represents selfless love and compassion and encourages spontaneous expression of feelings. Meditation - helps to identify ongoing negative patterns and shows the purpose behind the experience. This stone insists that you face the truth about yourself and other people, without excuses or evasion but with loving awareness.
- lifts depression
- clears solar plexus and base chakra
Powerful, energizing and regenerating stone; brings about passion and balances the sex drive.
- reenergizes and protects the base charka
- sharpens the perception of Self and others; warm, trusting and sincere stone
Encourages a passion for life, has strong energy and is not for sensitive people.
- stimulates the heart charka
- powerful shield against physic attacks and vampires of the heart
- promotes dynamic leadership
- brings about a courageous state of mind
- attracts sexual activity
- physically overcome exhaustion and lethargy
- detoxifies the body, blood and treats fevers
The wisdom stone, each color has it’s own wisdom.
- releases unwanted thoughts
- releases depression
- type of corrundum
Black - protective and centering, helps with employment
Blue - seeker after spiritual truth, throat chakra healing
Green - improves inner and outer vision, dream recall, heart chakra
Pink - meditation will teach you how to master your emotions
Parti - several colors, all charas
Purple - awakens; stimulates spirituality
Royal - eliminates negative energy in chakras
Star - opens intuition
White - extremely pure energy
Yellow - attracts wealth; as elixir, it removes toxins
The love stone.
- aligns and opens all chakra's to the flow of love
- teaches how to live from your truth and reminds the soul of its reasons for incarnating
- protects the soul from shock, trauma and disappointments
- pain reliever
- cleanses, purifies and transforms dense energy into a lighter vibration
- Shamanic stone that brings protection during rituals
- beneficial for the garden and plants (like I can afford that)
- balances right right and left sides of the brain
- enhances energy flow
Pink Tourmaline is an aphrodisiac that attracts love in the material and spiritual worlds; providing assurance that it is safe to love.
Turquoise is a most efficient healer, providing a solace for the spirit and well-being for the body.
- place on the third eye for enhanced intuition
- strengthens the meridians and subtle energy fields
- excellent stone for exhaustion, depression and panic attacks
What Crystal and Stone Believers Have to Say
"I wear a crystal around my neck. It is not only myself who can sense their glowing brilliance of energy. Many people, upon meeting me, cast their gaze unintentionally downwards to my collar bones. Most impressive are the instant response of children. I am an artistic tutor for hire, and every child I work with has instantly grabbed onto my necklace upon introduction, and most days as a continual greeting. I feel like my energy, and the experience of the energies of the places I have been are absorbed into the stone itself."
"I just like carrying them around in my pocket, putting my hand over one just to feel something solid. I've held quartz while meditating and I feel like it conducts my energy better almost as if it's an amplifier."
"They mean a lot to me they are the base of all my healings and meditations...they are also very important in rituals, and ceremonies. I carry a set group of them with me all the time. I have had so many things happen when using crystals, stones and gems that it would be hard to pick out one story."
"When I look at a stone, I think of the long, slow, relentless energies deep in the earth where it was formed. I imagine that energy coalescing inside the stone, residue of its eon-long incubation, then its inexorable rise to the surface. To me stones and crystals are like frozen time..."
Awakening and Cleansing Your Crystals
Since ancient civilization, tribal ceremonies involved the activation of crystals. If you lived by the sea, crystals were cleansed in the water. If not, they were awakened by placing them in the Sun or Moon light for several hours. Still today, we can use these methods to “recharge” our stones.
- Leave them out doors during a new Moon.
- Soak in sea salt for about 6 hours.
- Some even bury their crystals in the Earth during a new Moon.
My fascination with crystals and stones began many years ago when I began my research into alternative healing for some of my own ailments. Today, because of my fascination, I am surrounded by stones in my home... every room has at least one stone. In the past year I have learned silversmithing and lapidary work to further my love and involvement with stones. We are very lucky to live in a crystal rich environment and are able to dig for crystals in our own back yard.
Also in my quest for alternative healing, I have studied Feng Shui, Prana Energy and I am a Reiki Master. I offer sessions in all three mediums, just contact me for more information. To purchase stones or jewelry, please see the web sites below.
Here's to your health!
Thank you to Julia of
IvorysArts and Jane at
BaxtersHouse for help with the editing and my crazy grammer!
The Crystal Bible by Judy Hall
Love is in the Earth by Melody
(C) 2007 Ahna